Friday, June 29, 2012

for Graham

while i was sitting here trying to figure out how to wrap my mind around the following huge life problems:
 - how is tomorrow the last day of the month??...
 - wait, my marathon is in how many days?!?...
 - i really should have taken an ice bath yesterday...
 - why cant i get my ass to do 800s at the track?...
 - how in the world could i let myself run out of ranch dressing?!?!.....

...like i said, admist all my huge life problems, i saw that a friend was in need. and i looked further and saw more friends were reaching out for their family. and i knew i wanted to help. but ya know, my huge life problems are really big..... (*shaking my head)...

i met katie through blogging and the twitter world and was able to meet her a few years ago at the boston marathon. although we live far apart and keep in touch via random drunk phone calls/texts, i still feel a connection to her (not to mention she has THREE awesome golden retrievers.... and we all know how i feel about them).

whenever i tell ty a story about katie he goes "the one with three dogs?" (yes, that katie....) and its often followed by something along the lines of: "i cant imagine how much hair is in their house" or "i wonder if they all sleep in bed together... they'd need a triple king" or "just so you know, we will never have three dogs, but it does look like they never have a dull moment over there".

yes, there is never a dull moment in that house. katie just accomplished a huge HUGE IRONMAN!!! only to come home to a very ill puppy. her baby. and my heart just breaks seeing what they are going through.

another friend of katies wrote this am "Thankfully Katie has some wonderful friends named Amy and Liz who are asking for help via PayPal donations. I donated. It wasn't a lot, but I think every little amount counts and I know how thankful both Katie and her husband Thom will be."  (http://discombobulatedrunning.blogspot.com/)

and i wholeheartedly agree.

here is the post that katies good friends wrote: for Graham

...in the midst of all my seemingly huge life problems, it just makes sense.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! Thank you. It all means so much to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the post and the support. We're all hoping Graham continues to spread his hair all over the place for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Graham! That makes me cry. I'm a huge dog lover and I can't imagine how I'd feel if it were one of my labs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just want to say hi and thanks for this. love you.

    ReplyDelete